Global ports operator DP World secured AED854 million ($230 million) in investment across Dubai’s Jebel Ali Free Zone (Jafza) in the first four months of 2026.
More than 43 percent of the committed investments were finalised in March and April, after the February 28 start of the US-Israeli war on Iran, the UAE state-run Wam news agency reported.
The new investments were driven by steel manufacturers, food companies, healthcare providers, warehouse operators and heavy equipment traders, among others.
The Iran conflict disrupted many industries across the Gulf, including energy, tourism, hospitality and trade.
Abdulla Al Hashmi, global chief operating officer for parks and economic zones at DP World, said the scale of these commitments, particularly in essential sectors such as food and healthcare, highlights how businesses are prioritising resilience alongside growth.
“We are seeing a clear shift towards long-term investment, with many large tenants choosing to anchor their regional and global operations in Dubai for the coming decades,” he said.
Jafza is home to 12,000 businesses and plays a central role in supporting Dubai’s trade and industrial growth.
In November last year, Dubai approved its 2026-28 budget with AED302.7 billion in expenditure and AED329.2 billion in revenue.
Nearly 48 percent of the projected spending has been allocated to infrastructure investments such as roads, bridges, tunnels, public transport, sewage systems, parks, renewable energy facilities, waste management and service buildings.


